By Tim Chico
This quantity of the esteemed Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science sequence specializes in state-of-the-art study with regards to the genetics of heart problems. Written via most sensible specialists within the box, this quantity covers a number of themes, together with:
- Genetic types of atherosclerosis
- MicroRNAs in cardiovascular disease
- The function of the transcription issue KLF2 in vascular improvement and disease
- Zebrafish as versions of heart problems and hematopoietic improvement
Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science presents a discussion board for dialogue of latest discoveries, techniques, and concepts in molecular biology. It comprises contributions from leaders of their fields and plentiful references.
- The authors are all specialists within the field
- The studies are in themselves comprehensive
- Each subject has the aptitude to steer to advances in remedy of heart problems
Read Online or Download Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease PDF
Similar cardiology books
A evaluation of transplant linked coronary affliction as a multifactorial ailment contributed to via genetic elements within the donor and recipients, occasions taking place in the course of mind loss of life, harvesting and implantation and most significantly occasions after transplantation.
This multidisciplinary evaluation of all features of pediatric high blood pressure is the main cutting-edge remedy of the topic at present to be had. the subjects lined variety from the rules and review of blood strain in childrens, to its assessment and daily administration. The authors not just define the pathophysiology of high blood pressure in teenagers, but additionally provide present details on blood strain dimension, the right kind concepts for analysis, the overview of hypertensive finish organ harm even in adolescence, and using ambulatory blood strain tracking.
Exploring novel tools in endovascular intervention, this reference presents unique insurance of options to prevent, deal with, and keep watch over issues in endovascular treatment with chapters through world-renowned pioneers and experts practiced within the prevention and keep an eye on of vascular and machine issues.
It used to be a superb honour and a mark of our friendship that RENE DJINDJIAN requested me to give this new paintings from the Lariboisiere neuroradiological university. Professor DJINDJIAN died on eleventh October. Introducing this ebook now, i believe that i'm facing a fatherless baby, the place emotions of admiration and delight are combined with the unhappiness of the loss and the bitterness of an unfinished activity.
- Routledge Handbook of Global Health Security
- Vascular reconstructions: anatomy, exposures, and techniques
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Handbook of Chemoinformatics: From Data to Knowledge in 4 Volumes
Additional resources for Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease
42. Lindsay EA, Su H, Morishima M, et al. Tbx1 haploinsufficiency in the DiGeorge syndrome region causes aortic arch defects in mice. Nature. 2001;410:97–101. 43. Jerome LA, Papaioannou VE. DiGeorge syndrome phenotype in mice mutant for the T-box gene, Tbx1. Nat Genet. 2001;27:286–291. 44. Merscher S, Funke B, Epstein JA, et al. TBX1 is responsible for cardiovascular defects in velo-cardio-facial/DiGeorge syndrome. Cell. 2001;104:619–629. 45. van den Boogaard M, Wong LY, Tessadori F, et al. Genetic variation in T-box binding element functionally affects SCN5A/SCN10A enhancer.
43. Jerome LA, Papaioannou VE. DiGeorge syndrome phenotype in mice mutant for the T-box gene, Tbx1. Nat Genet. 2001;27:286–291. 44. Merscher S, Funke B, Epstein JA, et al. TBX1 is responsible for cardiovascular defects in velo-cardio-facial/DiGeorge syndrome. Cell. 2001;104:619–629. 45. van den Boogaard M, Wong LY, Tessadori F, et al. Genetic variation in T-box binding element functionally affects SCN5A/SCN10A enhancer. J Clin Invest. 2012;122(7): 2519–2530. 46. Christoffels VM, Hoogaars WM, Tessari A, Clout DE, Moorman AF, Campione M.
Mutations in human cause limb and cardiac malformation in Holt-Oram syndrome. Nat Genet. 1997;15:30–34. 96. Li QY, Newbury-Ecob RA, Terrett JA, et al. Holt-Oram syndrome is caused by mutations in TBX5, a member of the Brachyury (T) gene family. Nat Genet. 1997;15:21–35. K. A. Chico, Allan Lawrie Department of Cardiovascular Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom Contents 1. 3 MicroRNA 2. 3 Cellular localization of miRNA 3. 7 miRNA, inflammation, and BMPR2 signaling 4. Conclusions and Future Directions Acknowledgments References 44 44 45 45 47 48 48 50 50 53 54 54 55 55 57 57 59 60 60 Abstract MicroRNA (miRNA) are short noncoding RNA that regulate gene expression by inhibiting translation or promoting degradation of target mRNA.