By Donald Davendra, Ivan Zelinka
This booklet brings jointly the present kingdom of-the-art learn in Self Organizing Migrating set of rules (SOMA) as a unique population-based evolutionary set of rules, modeled at the predator-prey dating, by way of its major practitioners.
As the 1st ever ebook on SOMA, this ebook is geared in the direction of graduate scholars, lecturers and researchers, who're searching for a very good optimization set of rules for his or her functions. This e-book provides the method of SOMA, overlaying either the genuine and discrete domain names, and its numerous implementations in numerous examine parts. The easy-to-follow and enforce technique utilized in the publication will make it more uncomplicated for a reader to enforce, alter and make the most of SOMA.
Read or Download Self-Organizing Migrating Algorithm: Methodology and Implementation PDF
Best intelligence & semantics books
Emphasizing problems with computational potency, Michael Kearns and Umesh Vazirani introduce a few imperative subject matters in computational studying conception for researchers and scholars in man made intelligence, neural networks, theoretical laptop technological know-how, and facts. Computational studying idea is a brand new and swiftly increasing zone of study that examines formal versions of induction with the objectives of researching the typical equipment underlying effective studying algorithms and opting for the computational impediments to studying.
For graduate-level neural community classes provided within the departments of laptop Engineering, electric Engineering, and laptop technology. Neural Networks and studying Machines, 3rd version is popular for its thoroughness and clarity. This well-organized and entirely up to date textual content continues to be the main accomplished therapy of neural networks from an engineering point of view.
Reaction-diffusion and excitable media are among such a lot interesting substrates. regardless of obvious simplicity of the actual strategies concerned the media show a variety of extraordinary styles: from goal and spiral waves to traveling localisations and desk bound respiring styles. those media are on the center of such a lot typical techniques, together with morphogenesis of dwelling beings, geological formations, anxious and muscular task, and socio-economic advancements.
- Computational Intelligence in Digital Forensics: Forensic Investigation and Applications
- Conversational Agents and Natural Language Interaction: Techniques and Effective Practices
- Geoinformatics for Intelligent Transportation
- Ambient Intelligence Perspectives: Selected Papers from the first International Ambient Intelligence Forum 2008 - Volume 1 Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments
Additional info for Self-Organizing Migrating Algorithm: Methodology and Implementation
0. If PRT equals 1 then the stochastic component of SOMA disappears and it performs only deterministic behavior suitable for local search. • Dim—the dimensionality (number of optimized arguments of cost function) is given by the optimization problem. Its exact value is determined by the cost function and usually cannot be changed unless the user can reformulate the optimization problem. 2. • PopSize 2 [10, up to the user]. This is the number of individuals in the population. 7 times of the dimensionality (Dim) of the given problem.
Despite this, the SOMA algorithm itself may still work internally with continuous floating-point values. Thus, SOMA—Self-organizing Migrating Algorithm 31 fcost ðyi Þ i ¼ 1; . ; nparam where& for continuous variables xi yi ¼ INTðxi Þ for integer variables xi 2 X ð35Þ INT() is a function for converting a real value to an integer value by truncation. Truncation is performed here only for purposes of cost function value evaluation. Truncated values are not elsewhere assigned. Thus, EA works with a population of continuous variables regardless of the corresponding object variable type.
ISBN 978-3-540-25318-1 26. : Scatter search—methodology and implementations in C. Springer, Verlag. ISBN 978-1-4020-7376-2 (2003) 27. : Particle swarm optimization. ISTE Publishing Company, ISBN (2009). 1905209045 28. 2006 [cit. 20. 2. 2007]. cn/seal06/doc/tutorial_pso. pdf (2006) 29. : A new optimizer using particle swarm theory, pp. 39–43. Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Micromachine and Human Science, Nagoya (1995) 30. : Cuckoo search via LŽvy flights. World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC 2009).