By Rina Meidan
This e-book describes the lifestyles cycle of a distinct endocrine gland that's totally crucial for the institution and upkeep of being pregnant in all mammalian species. The corpus luteum is exclusive since it is shaped and destroyed each (non-fertile) reproductive cycle. while fertilization happens, the corpus luteum is rescued or maintained. The strategies that regulate corpus luteum formation, death (luteolysis), or upkeep are only commencing to be unraveled lately; they contain different cellphone kinds and mechanisms. a few of these approaches resemble tumor development—angiogenesis, for instance—but curiously sufficient, this resemblance is simply as much as some extent. The corpus luteum makes use of mechanisms that let its common, physiological development and disappearance. Pulling jointly key study at the corpus luteum, this quantity is of curiosity to either reproductive endocrinologists and comparative physiologists, with scientific relevance spanning comparative animal stories to women's health.
Read Online or Download The Life Cycle of the Corpus Luteum PDF
Similar nonfiction_3 books
This booklet covers the cutting-edge learn in nanoporous metals for capability functions in complex strength fields, together with proton trade membrane gasoline cells, Li batteries (Li ion, Li-S, and Li-O2), and supercapacitors. The similar structural layout and function of nanoporous metals in addition to attainable mechanisms and demanding situations are totally addressed.
Neuropsychopharmacology: A Tribute to Joseph T. Coyle is a brand new quantity from Advances in Pharmacology offering experiences of modern breakthroughs in glutamate pharmacology and a tribute to 1 of the main influential neuroscientists of our occasions. With quite a few chapters and the easiest authors within the box, the amount is an important source for pharmacologists, immunologists, and biochemists alike.
This paintings used to be nominated as an excellent PhD thesis by way of the LPSC, Université Grenoble Alpes, France. The LHC Run 1 used to be a milestone in particle physics, resulting in the invention of the Higgs boson, the final lacking piece of the so-called "Standard version" (SM), and to special constraints on new physics, which problem well known theories like weak-scale supersymmetry.
- Indigeneity, Globalization, and African Literature: Personally Speaking
- Social Entrepreneurship in Non-Profit and Profit Sectors: Theoretical and Empirical Perspectives
- On the Catalytic Efficacy of Low-Oxidation State Group 14 Complexes
Additional info for The Life Cycle of the Corpus Luteum
76. Tamura K, Matsushita M, Endo A, Kutsukake M, Kogo H. Effect of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 7 on steroidogenesis in granulosa cells derived from equine chorionic gonadotropin-primed immature rat ovaries. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:485–91. 77. Tamura K, Yoshie M, Hashimoto K, Tachikawa E. Inhibitory effect of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-7 (IGFBP7) on in vitro angiogenesis of vascular endothelial cells in the rat corpus luteum. J Reprod Dev. 2014;60:447–53. 78. Christenson LK, Gunewardena S, Hong X, Spitschak M, Baufeld A, Vanselow J.
109. Delvigne A, Rozenberg S (2002) Epidemiology and prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS): a review. Hum Reprod Update 8:559–577. 110. Pietrowski D, Szabo L, Sator M, Just A, Egarter C. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is correlated with a reduction of soluble VEGF receptor protein level and a higher amount of VEGF-A. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:196–9. 1 Luteal Angiogenesis 21 111. Bates DO, Harper SJ. Regulation of vascular permeability by vascular endothelial growth factors. Vascul Pharmacol.
1997;272:22642–7. 33. Kallio PJ, Wilson WJ, O’Brien S, Makino Y, Poellinger L. Regulation of the hypoxiainducible transcription factor 1alpha by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6519–25. 34. Ivan M, Kondo K, Yang H, Kim W, Valiando J, Ohh M, Salic A, Asara JM, Lane WS, Kaelin Jr WG. HIFalpha targeted for VHL-mediated destruction by proline hydroxylation: implications for O2 sensing. Science. 2001;292:464–8. 35. Jaakkola P, Mole DR, Tian YM, Wilson MI, Gielbert J, Gaskell SJ, Kriegsheim AV, Hebestreit HF, Mukherji M, Schoﬁeld CJ, Maxwell PH, Pugh CW, Ratcliffe PJ.